The Best Long-Range Security Systems on the Market
In this product buying guide, we will review the best long-range wireless security camera systems that you can find. These systems are sure to pass the test of time, and will give you all the value you are looking for. Read on for a look at our top choices.
This site is reader-supported and we earn commissions if you purchase products from retailers after clicking on a link from our site. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
1. Foscam, Mesh Wi-Fi Network Security Camera System
This is a great long-range camera system with a range of up to 1,000 feet, and is straightforward enough to be used by anyone. The security system comes with a 4-channel NVR (network video recorder) and four 1080p, IP66 weatherproof cameras.
The Wi-Fi camera serves as a hotspot for the other cameras in the system, delivering a strong signal and allowing for longer-range security. The wide-angle view allows for 103 degrees of visibility per camera.
The system uses advanced H.264+ technology that improves compression and transmission to ensure you get a high-quality video, but with a low bit-rate.
Unlike many security systems, this system by Foscam not only detects motion, but can also do occlusion detection when there are obstructions. It also gives you the flexible option of customizing the detection zones.
This camera system provides you with clear 1080p images that are visible both during the day and night, as the camera has night vision capabilities up to 65 feet.
- Brand: Foscam
- Package Dimensions: 7.2 x 14.8 x 10.2 inches
- Product Weight: 8.21 pounds
- Warranty: 1-year
Foscam Security Pros
- Up to 1,000 feet of visibility during the day
- Up to 65 feet of visibility at night
- H.264+ technology offers high-quality video with low bit-rate
- Occlusion and movement detection
- Provides clear 1080p images
- Wide view angle of 103 degrees
Foscam Security Cons
- Connection may weaken with obstructions
- Some users report having issues with the app
2. XmartO, 8-Camera Wi-Fi Security System
This modern 2020 security camera system by XmartO is made with the latest technology and is equipped with dual Wi-Fi modules in its NVR. One module is meant for the cameras and the other is meant for internet connectivity. This means you do not have to directly connect the NVR to your router – you can connect wirelessly through Wi-Fi.
The NVR and cameras can auto-pair as well, so all you need to do is mount the cameras and start recording. The cameras use DreamLiner Wi-Fi Relay technology, so you can set up one camera as a Wi-Fi repeater to boost the range the other cameras can reach.
The system not only has a motion sensor that specifically records motion events, but it can also record 24/7 for ultimate security. When doing a playback, the system will highlight the events that occurred to save you some time on looking through the video.
You can see live views and playbacks through the mobile app, and also get a daily message about any important events that were recorded that day.
The system comes with 4 cameras to begin with, but can support up to 4 additional cameras for surveillance of 8 different areas at once.
- Brand: XmartO
- Package Dimensions: 13.6 x 11 x 7.2 inches
- Product Weight: 8.31 pounds
- Warranty: Not stated
XmartO Security Pros
- Dual Wi-Fi modules for wireless convenience
- Clear 1080p video recordings
- Records, highlights, and alerts you to motion events
- Easy to set up and use
- DreamLiner technology boosts signal for other cameras
- Has IP66 weather-resistance
XmartO Security Cons
- Motion detection can be overly sensitive
- Setup instructions are limited
3. Sequro, GuardPro Wireless Security Camera System
This is an easy-to-use security system by Sequro – all you have to do is plug and play. The system has a long transmission range of up to 1,000 feet, though an antenna extension can be used to extend the range even further.
The system comes with 2 cameras and a 7-inch portable monitor that you can use to view what is happening live. The monitor comes with a built-in rechargeable battery, so you can carry it with you and watch it anywhere.
The monitor has a user-friendly, touch-screen interface that can be used by anyone. You can watch instant playback videos and see motion alerts and live views with ease. The Sequro smartphone app makes it even easier when it comes to monitoring on the go.
The cameras have a built-in PIR sensor with adjustable and accurate motion detection settings to avoid any false alarms, and up to 2 additional cameras can be added to the system for even more surveillance.
- Brand: Sequro
- Package Dimensions: 10.6 x 4.9 x 11.4 inches
- Product Weight: 5 pounds
- Warranty: 1-year limited
Sequro Security Pros
- Comes with a 7-inch, full-color monitor
- The Sequro app allows you to watch on the go
- Long, extendable range of 1,000 feet
- Easy to use, plug-and-play system
- Built-in PIR sensors detect motion accurately and avoid false alarms
- IP66 weatherproof cameras
Sequro Security Cons
- Some users complained of poor visual quality compared to other systems
4. Arlo, Wireless Pro-2 Security Camera System
This security camera system by Arlo is 100% wire-free, so no power cords or wiring is necessary.
The four included cameras come with a rechargeable battery, so you can either charge the battery or connect the system to a power outlet using an adapter – whatever works best for you!
The Arlo Smart system allows you to operate your cameras with intelligence and with real-time notifications and customizations. You can customize the system to detect people, configure certain zones, and contact emergency responders from your phones lock-screen.
The system has 1080p HD cameras that will provide you with crisp and clear HD videos for your security needs.
- Brand: Arlo
- Package Dimensions: 1.93 x 3.11 x 2.8 inches
- Product Weight: 10.9 ounces
- Warranty: 1-year
Arlo Security Pros
- Convenient wireless setup
- System uses intelligent, customizable technology
- 1080p HD cameras offer crisp and clear videos
- Included batteries are rechargeable
Arlo Security Cons
- More expensive than other systems
- Some users complain of a motion detection delay
5. Yeskamo, Long-Range Wireless Security Camera System
This long-range, 4-camera security system by Yeskamo is infrared-activated and triggers a spotlight and siren alarm to ensure that your home is protected. In case of any suspicious activity, the camera lights up the area to scare off potential intruders, while also providing very clear color video, even in low lighting.
Unlike many cameras, this system has built-in PIR and motion dual sensors that reduce the occurrence of false alarms. In the case of any motion detected, you will receive email alerts and notifications from the app to let you know whats going on.
This security camera system also comes with a 16-inch IPS monitor with a full-HD display to give you clear images with a wide view angle. The system is expandable up to 8 cameras and comes with an HDMI port for viewing the feed on a larger TV screen.
The 3.0-megapixel cameras allow you to see up to 100 feet in the dark, and the IP66 waterproof metal housing protects them from adverse weather.
- Brand: Yeskamo
- Package Dimensions: 15.7 x 7.8 x 11.8 inches
- Product Weight: 12.23 pounds
- Warranty: 2-year
Yeskamo Security Pros
- Easy to set up, plug-and-play system
- Has clear 2-way audio
- Comes with 16-inch IPS monitor
- Built-in PIR sensor protects against false alarms
- IP66 weatherproof housing
- Spotlight and siren features for extra security
Yeskamo Security Pros
- Some users complained of the cameras freezing after some time
- Customer service may not be as responsive
6. SuperSpyCameras, Long-Range Wireless Camera System
If you are looking for a real long-range camera, then this is ideal for you, as this system by the aptly named SuperSpyCameras can cover up to 2,500 feet! It comes as a package of two high-resolution, 1,200 TVL, super IR night vision, weatherproof cameras and a standalone, 8-channel DVR for viewing. 2.8-12mm lenses help you see up to 120 feet at night.
Two high-gain directional antennas and two high-power receivers and transmitters are also included to perfect and optimize the cameras line of sight, and the wireless signals are capable of passing through most obstacles. The company states that if you need transmission for even longer distances, they will help configure a system for you as well.
- Brand: SuperSpyCameras
- Package Dimensions: 18 x 18 x 18 inches
- Product Weight: 35 pounds
- Warranty: Not stated
SuperSpyCameras Security Pros
- Mobile app provides real-time notifications on your phone
- Covers a long range up to 2,500 feet in daytime
- Night vision covers up to 120 feet
- Includes 8-channel DVR
- Includes 2 antennas and 2 receivers/transmitters for optimization
SuperSpyCameras Security Cons
- Since its fully electric, you need 120 volts at every camera location
- More expensive than other systems
- No monitor included
Buyers Guide for Long-Range Wireless Security Cameras
Does settling down on one specific camera seem like a tough task? We got you. In this part of the guide, we aim to further differentiate between the products to make it easier for you to pick the best one for your needs. Here is a quick breakdown.
The Security Camera with the Widest Angle
Getting a camera that can support a wide angle is really convenient, because that means it can provide more coverage. In this case, the Zumimall Outdoor Security Camera takes the cake, as it has two cameras that can both cover up to 120 degrees, giving you a total of 240 degrees of coverage for extra security.
The Most Efficient Security Camera
Efficiency is important when it comes to cameras, and its a feature we all want. The most efficient of the five products is the XmartO 8-Camera Wi-Fi Security Camera System. Made with the latest technology, it has dual Wi-Fi, dual-record motion sensing, auto-pairs the camera and the NVR system, and uses Dream Liner technology to enable Wi-Fi repetitions for longer ranges.
The Least Expensive Security Camera
When it comes to purchasing cost, the least expensive of the bunch is the TOUCAN Outdoor Security Wireless Camera, which only costs $62 on Amazon. Its important to note that even though its cheaper, it comes as a single unit compared to others that come with multiple cameras.
Buying this product will depend on what your specific needs are, and your required area of coverage. If you prefer a product with more cameras, another affordable choice is the SAFEVANT Security Camera System, which costs $154 and includes four cameras.
Our Overall Recommendation
When we compare the five products, our top pick is the XmartO 8-Camera Wi-Fi Security Camera System. This is an extremely effective system with large coverage that is relatively affordable at only $189. If you have a smaller space and need just a single camera, we recommend the TOUCAN Outdoor Security Wireless Camera, as it comes with just one camera and is very cost-friendly.
While many of the long-range wireless security cameras out there will do the job well, its always good to know what to look for so you do not get lost in the woods. The product you need depends on your coverage area, your preferences, your budget, and more. Research and product comparisons are paramount, as they will help you find what you need.
When looking at products, check out all of their features before being persuaded by the price, as you want a system that will give you the most value for your money. We hope this guide has helped you find the best long-range wireless security camera system!